POSITION: Heavy Equipment Technician LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta (ASR)
- Heavy Duty Mechanics / HET Journeyperson (No Apprentices)
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Experience in repairing and troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic systems, including the use of schematics
- Good problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must own your own tools and have a valid driver's license
- Maintain and test mechanical equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Diagnose the cause of vehicle malfunctions and perform repairs as authorized in a timely manner
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts and save/tag parts if the repair is under warranty, has a core, or if requested by the customer
- Test drive vehicles to confirm the repair
- Maintain timely accurate records of work performed
- Report all equipment/tool damage or maintenance requirements and any observed safety issues to management promptly
- Complete online and off-site training as requested by management within the deadlines presented
PAY & BENEFITS:
- $35.00/hour to $40.00/hour (more based on experience)
- Benefits (After 90 days)
- Relocation loan available
- Retention bonuses
- 2 weeks' vacation after 1st year
- Relocation assistance may be available
If you are a Heavy Equipment Journeyman Mechanic and meet the requirements listed above, we'd love to hear from you!
When you apply for this position you give the Recruiting Room permission to share your information with other team members and our network of employers. You further acknowledge that the Recruiting Room is a free service to all candidates and as such, further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Recruiting Room from any allegations, claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, obligations, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs) that result from the sharing of this data.
You further acknowledge, and give consent, for the Recruiting Room to check your previous employers (to make a hiring decision), if you fail to provide references before the point of offer. We only ask questions that are “reasonably required,” for our employers to assess the applicant’s fitness for the job. We DO NOT contact current employers.
You further acknowledge, by applying for this position, you allow the Recruiting Room, and its agents, to contact you via SMS Messaging (texting), Facebook, Instagram or any other forms of social networking.